The Duchess of Sussex has won the latest stage in her legal fight against the publisher of the Mail on Sunday, over a letter she wrote to her father.
The Court of Appeal in London rejected Associated Newspapers’ attempt to have a trial over its publication of extracts from the letter.
Meghan said it was a win “not just for me, but for anyone who has ever felt scared to stand up for what’s right”.
Her lawyers had told the court her letter to Thomas Markle in August 2018 was “deeply personal” and “self-evidently was intended to be kept private,” but that 585 out of its 1,250 words had been republished in the five articles in question.
The three judges hearing the appeal said the letter’s contents were “personal, private and not matters of legitimate public interest”.
#Meghan #Royalfamily #BBCNews
Please subscribe HERE http://bit.ly/1rbfUog